Culinary trip to MarrakechMorocco - Marrakech
Marrakech is one of the imperial cities of Morocco. Its name means The Land of God. Get to know the city of 1001 Nights during this tour, and enjoy the exotic fragrances and flavors it has to offer.
During this culinary expedition, you will experience a large variety of Moroccan foods and spices. You will go shopping with your guide at the traditional market, and have the opportunity to purchase cumin, saffron, cinnamon and other spices at one of the oldest spice houses in the city. Later on, you will discover the secrets of Moroccan cuisine with your hand-picked ingredients during an exclusive cooking class.
-Taste and Indulge- the motto for delicacies such as chicken tagine with lemon and olives, Moroccan salad and dessert with fresh oranges and cinnamon, sugar and rosewater and traditional Moroccan mint tea.
Marrakech has many other experiences for you to enjoy: Take a stroll through the Medina, the old town of Marrakech, and take in the unique atmosphere of the souks. These are market streets individually dedicated to a different craft. For example, the street of tailors, the street of smiths, and the alleyway of spice merchants, where the aromatic spices are stacked into cones. In the hustle and bustle of the souks, the surreal and beautiful atmosphere makes you feel as if in a movie.
Also not to be missed is Djemma el Fna (Place of the Beheaded). In the evening, musicians, snake charmers and storytellers gather to entertain you.
When you finally return home to your beautiful riad, the oriental dream continues. The riads of Marrakech, splendid town houses with magnificent rotunda architecture and enchanting courtyards, serve as an oasis of tranquility amid the hustle and bustle of Marrakech.
All benefits and information for your journey
- 3 nights in a Deluxe double room at the Riad al Moussika, including gourmet breakfast
- Soft drinks and afternoon tea at any time in the riad
- An introductory cooking class to Moroccan cuisine using ingredients purchased in the spice souk and local market
- Privately guided, one day tour through the old town of Marrakech, including a 3-hour carriage ride, lunch in a traditional Moroccan restaurant, as well as a stroll through the narrow streets of the souks and the famous Djemaa el Fna performer’s square
- Tickets to the attractions during your tour, including the botanical garden - Jardin Majorelle.
- Day-long privately guided tour to the Atlas Mountains, with private shuttle service and inclusive of lunch with a view over the mountains, and guided tour through the Kasbah of Toubkal, a former Berber stronghold.
- Afternoon tea with a Berber family in the Atlas Mountains
Private limousine service from the airport to your hotel and back
- Flights to and from Marrakech
- Meals and drinks not included in the itinerary
- Tips and personal expenses
- Other room options (upon request and at additional cost)
- Your itravel advisor will gladly book you a flight to and from the airport of your choice at a small additional cost